TLDR: - We need an analytical and data-driven person who has enthusiast about start-ups - Small team with exceptional backing and support - If you perform well, you will get ample career progression
🦉 We are Buo
We’re Buo, the cheapest supermarket in Europe.
We’re a well-funded, social commerce startup from Barcelona on a mission to disrupt the retail industry by drastically reducing grocery costs for the average consumer. We aggregate consumer purchasing power through team purchases, where users get together to save up to 30% on their day to day shopping by purchasing directly from the supplier and cutting out any unnecessary middlemen.
We're backed by exceptional entrepreneurs, a top tier VC fund and have a strategic partnership with Glovo that gives us the opportunity of a lifetime to create one of the decade's most impactful companies.
💌 The position: Category Management Intern
We need an analytical and data-driven person to support our Marketplace division.
For this role you need to have a strong analytical mindset, excellent attention to detail and be methodical and thorough while doing analyses. Your role will play a key part in the success of Buo reporting directly to the Co-CEO.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Assortment: Lead assortment definition and optimization strategy
- Pricing: Execute and analyse dynamic pricing strategies
- Content: Develop, implement and track processes to guarantee content strategy execution
- Supplier Acquisition: Determine the supplier strategy (define portfolio of suppliers, negotiate commercial terms and define buying workflows and systems).
- Supplier Relationship: Own the supplier relationships.
🧠 Required Skills & Experience
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. We’d love to learn more about you. Even if just a few of those apply to you. 🦄
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Analytical profile, goal-oriented, and teamwork
- Proactive and Independent (initiative), disciplined and highly organised approach to work
- You have very good communication skills
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Being well-read and up-to-speed in the start-up world (preferably in food delivery or ecommerce) is useful
🎁 Our Offer & Benefits
- Full-time Internship Contract with a 6-month duration and 800€/month Gross Salary
- The opportunity to join a company at the beginning of its lifecycle, building a high-impact business from the ground up by bringing affordability to e-commerce.
- A determined and ambitious team member with a cooperative and passionate culture.
- Easy remote work policy: We have an office in Barcelona where you can hang out with the rest of team but if you need to work from home we are flexible.
🔮 Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (12 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos.
- Pulpo is pro-startup, pro-tech organisation. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
🧭 Our application process
We try our best to keep a clear process for the role. Here's how you should expect the hiring process to be like:
- Submit our online application form (5-10 minutes) depending on how creative you get
- 10 minute phone call so you can learn more about the role/company and see if there is a potential fit.
- Take home business case
- 1 hour interview with the Marketing Manager.
- Depending on step 4 we might ask for a 30 minute interview with one of Buo’s Founders.
👋 How to apply
In order to apply please apply with the link below:
We are lucky to hear from you! 🥳