🐙 We are Pulpo
Pulpo is a is a group-buying platform focused on digital subscriptions that helps users save money on their individual subscription when buying in a group. Our goal is to help people get access to more content at the time they spend less money.
Our mission is to become the world's leading Group Buying Network and make buying in group easy, legal, and accessible to everyone. We're backed by by exceptional entrepreneurs and investors and have an opportunity of a lifetime to create one of the decade's most impactful companies.
💌 The position: Business Developer Intern
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to kickstart their career in tech & startups and learn the ins & outs of how tech products work.
At Pulpo, we're looking for a Business Developer Intern to join the family in Barcelona.
Your role will be to support the business development team in order to help close new partnerships with companies across different verticals . You will have a crucial role and a direct impact to the growth of our business since partnerships are a pilar for .
You will be working with an exceptional team and will report directly to one of the founders of the company.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Lead generation: Define potential partner profiles based on data insights and identify leads on social networks, databases, and other tools.
- Prospection: Run campaigns to locate and contact those leads using different techniques such as Cold calling 2.0, inbound marketing, content marketing, insight sales, and more.
- Prepare presentations & documentation: You will need to prepare the documentation that will support presentations with potential partners.
- Give support on closing: Prepare the proposal, defend it, and get the signature on the contract.
- Account Management: These are high value customers who you will have built a relationship with.
- Measurement, planning and optimization: Gather feedback from your conversations with customers, share it with the team, analyze your own metrics and optimize them, improve sales processes, and contribute to the direction of the sales team.
🧠 Required Skills & Experience
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. We’d love to learn more about you. Even if just a few of those apply to you. 🦄
- Strong Communication skills - you are great at chatting to people online.
- Disciplined and highly organised approach to work
- Strong presentation skills - You are a master at creating sleek sales decks.
- Spanish & English - You will be chatting to customers in Spanish but very soon we'll start expanding internationally and you will need English too.
- Adaptability - You should embrace change as company, strategies and technologies evolve.
- Be data driven - you should have the ability to gather key user insights and turn them into Business Developer Reports.
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Proactive and Independent (initiative)
- Be tech savvy - we hope you aren't using internet explorer
- Experience working in Business Developing/Sales is a plus
- Experience working with CRM platforms (Hubspot, etc) is a plus
🎁 Our Offer & Benefits
- Part-time Paid Internship (6 months contract with option to extend)
- Hybrid remote work policy: We have an office in Barcelona where you can hang out with the rest of team but if you need to work from home we are flexible.
- Free Netflix subscription or equivalent - You can choose which subscription that we have on offer at Pulpo you want.
- Be one of the first employees. Have you ever imagined what the first employee at Airbnb, Uber or Facebook has seen and learned?
- Make a big difference: You will act as the company's gatekeeper and your performance will have direct input into our business growth
🔮 Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (9 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos.
- Pulpo is pro-startup, pro-tech organisation. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
If you got this far down the list, you must be interested. While you may not possess all of the experience and skills we are looking for, passion for the role and strong work ethic go a long way. And…you have a thirst for learning, have a good sense of humor, and like working with a team who shares those attributes.
👋 How to apply
In order to apply please fill out the following form and we'll get back to you if there is a fit!
If you want to stand out, feel free to let us know that you submitted the form with anything that you think might be interesting for us at email@example.com
We are lucky to hear from you! 🥳