🦉 We are Buo
We’re Buo, the cheapest supermarket in Europe.
We’re a well-funded, social commerce startup from Barcelona on a mission to disrupt the retail industry by drastically reducing grocery costs for the average consumer. We aggregate consumer purchasing power through team purchases, where users get together to save up to 40% on their day to day shopping by purchasing directly from the supplier and cutting out any unnecessary middlemen.
We're backed by exceptional entrepreneurs, a top tier VC fund and have a strategic partnership with Glovo that gives us the opportunity of a lifetime to create one of the decade's most impactful companies.
🔧 The position - React (native) Frontend Developer
At Buo, we’re looking for a React (native) Frontend Developer to work remotely. You will be working directly with the CTO. This is a great opportunity to design and build our new app from the ground up, and have the opportunity to grow a team around you.
Your mission should you choose to accept it would require:
- To code all required stories/modules/versions for the two different frontends
- Our app, in React Native
- Our internal admin frontend, in React
- To write clean code: elegant (pleasing to read), focused, taking care of (taking time to keep it simple and orderly, with appropriate attention to details), avoiding redundancy and applying team guidelines.
- To comment code thinking in others (simple and direct comments but explaining to those who didn’t code it).
- To apply team VCS(branching, versioning, commit) guidelines. Branching and merges should be done one time, carefully and respecting other coders work. Code conflicts should be fixed atm.
- To refactor redundant or incorrect code if found and if possible.
- To apply Agile (SCRUM) methodology as a team and individual, caring about quality, resources and time. To meet deadlines for every sprint and raise a flag on time when issues are encountered. Deadlines are important for team success. Stories/Tasks must be always updated on time (Trello or similar).
- To document(releases) caring about the people that will learn about our work. Documentation should be structured, clear and done on time. IT documentation must always be done in English.
- To share with the team knowledge and thoughts about methodologies and technologies.
- To do some other IT related tasks(not directly related to code), such as Systems Administration (especially for deployments) or other requirements.
🎯 Deliverables & KPIs
- Sprints code/commits/branches/stories.
- Release documentation.
- Other IT required documentation.
- Deadline execution/deviation for development - Responsible to meet deadlines on time.
🧠 Required Skills
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. We’d love to learn more about you. Even if just a few of those apply to you. 🦄
- React and React Native experience (minimum 2 years). This means that you already have been working on projects in React and can prove a good knowledge of the framework.
- Experience developing mobile apps
- Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Git VCS knowledge
- Basics of DevOps.
- Hands on attitude: Ability to work independently and be proactive rather than reactive.
- Never settle. You always strive to develop personally and professionally, open to learn new things and share the ones you expertise.
- English written/spoken (Spanish is a plus)
🎁 Our offer & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Phantom Shares package: We want everybody to be a true owner in Buo.
- Flexible working hours: we all have our objectives, as long as they are met, you have the flexibility to set your own time
- Easy remote work policy: Its a remote position but if you are interested to hang out with the rest of the team, you can visit our office in Barcelona.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Buo’s mobile app
🔮 Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (12 people), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- Buo is pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you
👋 How to apply
In order to apply please fill out the following form:
If you want to stand out, feel free to let us know that you submitted the form with anything that you think might be interesting for us at email@example.com
We are lucky to hear from you! 🥳